Sunday, February 17, 2008

Restaurant Review - Carnelian Room (San Francisco)

02.12.08

Carnelian Room
California St, San Francisco, CA

On the 52nd floor! Nice view.




Warm SCALLOP and organic leek salad with sea urchin vinaigrette. (scallop is not plural form) Other than the size of this dish, I actually enjoyed the one scallop.



Cherry wood house-smoked salmon and frisee salad (cippolini onions, quail egg, grapes, caper amulsion. It was alright. Nothing special. Smoked salmon was salty.



Double Lobster Consomme. I guess I'm not a fan of consomme.



Carmelian Room Filet - flambeed beef tenderloin medallion with calvados demi hand-picked local seasonal wild mushrooms, prepared table side. Cooked medium rare. Very nicely done.


Braised "American Kobe" boneless beef rib topped with pan-seared foie gras. accompanied by mirepoix vegetables and cotes du rhone jus. My favorite parts was the foie gras. The beef was very tender so I enjoyed that too.


Carmelian room tarte tatin - Washington state apples with caramel sauce and tahitian vanilla. Yum. I usually prefer chocolate desserts but this came with the price fixe. Enjoyed it very much! My favorite part of the meal.



Bottom Line: $140 for 2. Enjoyed the view a lot (52nd floor). Bring money for tipping in the Women's bathroom. A lady actually turned the faucet on and off, pumped soap into my hands, handed me a clean dry single use towel, and opened the door for me. They also had bread, which isn't pictured in our blog. The bread was very good!

No comments: